Student Organizational Services (“SOS”) serves the parent, teen and educator community through coaching, workshops, advocacy and other consulting services. In general, services are provided in the East Bay and greater Bay Area of Northern California, USA.
What Information Do We Collect?
SOS collects information through several sources:
- SOS may collect both Anonymous and Personal Information through our web site at www.sos4students.com (the “Web Site”). For example, we may collect statistical information regarding search terms or web page usage as Anonymous Information from visitors to the Web Site.
- SOS collects information from individuals voluntarily when they choose to be on our mailing list (receive our electronic newsletter). This might be online or at an event. This information includes at least your name and email address. Other information is optional.
- SOS also collects Personal Information from those who sign up for an SOS event, either online, over the phone, or in person at the event. For online registration for paid events, you may be referred to a third party web site for payment, where payment information such as name, address, billing information, credit card numbers, etc., are collected by the third party site on SOS’s behalf.
How Do we Use the Information We Collect?
In each instance, SOS strives to only collect that information which is relevant to our providing services and information to our users and members that they have requested or may find of interest. SOS uses the information it collects as follows:
- Anonymous Information may be used to help us administer and improve our Web Site, direct web traffic, and provide better information to users and based upon the topics entered as search terms.
- Personal Information from our mailing list is used to communicate with those on the mailing list by either email or postal mail. Members may receive email notifications of upcoming events or news of interest, and/or newsletters with topics of interest.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Collection And Use Of My Personal Information?
Again, SOS respects your privacy and your desire to control how your Personal Information is used by SOS. You may choose whether or not to provide any Personal Information to SOS at all. Visitors to the Web Site may still use the Web Site, although if you choose not to provide your Personal Information you may be unable to access certain areas in the future which require authentication, such as discussion forums or mailing lists. Please be aware that registration for SOS events, or subscriptions to our newsletter may also require some Personal Information, but we strive to only require that information which is necessary to provide you with the information or services you are requesting. All email notifications and newsletters will be sent with an “Unsubscribe” option; you may choose to stop receiving such mailings and newsletters at any time. New members and event attendees may also be given a choice as to whether to receive such notifications and newsletters when they sign up for membership or the SOS event.
Do We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties, Such As Advertisers, Service Providers, or Consultants?
As a matter of policy, we do not share Personal Information with advertisers, nor will we sell or rent our member lists for marketing purposes. We may share information with consultants or programmers who assist us in the development and maintenance of our Web Site. SOS may also share Personal Information with an organization who co-sponsors an SOS event for promoting and organizing that event. And of course, SOS may disclose Personal Information when, in SOS's judgment, such disclosure is required by law, or necessary to protect SOS, its employees, agents, members, or assets.
Can You Correct, Change or Delete Your Personal Information?
Yes. You may send edits or updates to email@example.com, and we will make every reasonable effort to incorporate any changes to your Personal Information as soon as possible.
Please note that if you choose to leave the mailing list, some of your Personal Information may be retained in an inactive account file on our database.
Is Your User Data Secure
All payment data is encrypted and hosted at a secure site location. Information is held through our payment portal Professional Payment Solutions (where you may read more about their privacy policies) and follows strict procedural and safety methods for ensuring security via encryption, secure physical locations, and constant monitoring.
Note that this payment portal company is subject to change by SOS.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Student Organizational Services at 2940 Camino Diablo, Suite 250 Walnut Creek, CA