SOS for Schools
Become an SOS partner! Student Organizational Services works closely with middle schools and high schools delivering a diverse array of services. SOS can:
Design and customize student workshops to meet your school’s needs
Recently we have taken our popular “Nailing Ninth” course into Bay Area high schools to prepare incoming freshmen for their first year in high school. We offer a similar course: “Mastering Middle School” for first year middle school students.
Train your staff
SOS professional training is hands-on and our materials immediately useable. Topics for workshops include:
- Training your faculty to deliver dynamic, effective student strategy workshops using our curriculum
- Meeting the challenges of multiple learning styles and differences in a mainstream classroom
- Integrating strategies instruction into classroom curriculum
Coach your faculty one on one
Through a series of 3-6 individualized coaching sessions with individual staff members we observe, advise and mentor with regards to teaching process and practice.
Develop support services on your school site for academically at risk students
Services available include:
- One on One strategies coaching for students on campus (See Coaching)
- Study Clinic - small group academic assistance after school (See Study Clinic)
- SOS Success Team weekly customized study strategies focused workshop, coordinating with the teachers and working with student’s actual curriculum
Direct the design and implementation of study strategies curriculum
We work with schools to integrate study strategies into core curriculum, augmented by staff training and supported by materials developed for SOS Workshops.
Present to small and large parent groups
Our presentations can be customized or we can deliver our highly sought after workshop “Parenting For Academic Success.” This unique, hands-on workshop provides parents with a host of unbeatable tips and strategies for communicating with their teen around school issues and challenges. We also offer a parent-teen workshop where parents and teens can come and work together to build bridges and team effectively.
For more information on availability and prices please contact us or call our office at 510-531-4767. Your interest in our services means everything to us and we will get back to you promptly.
SOS has worked with many schools and organizations including: The U.C. Davis Mind Institute, Parents Education Network, Marin Catholic High School, University High School, Bishop O’Dowd High School, Touro University, Orinda Academy, East Bay School for Boys, Lodi School District, Mt. Diablo School District, Happy Valley Elementary School, Lafayette and the NonVerbal Learning Disabilities Association