Kre8tive Law is a business law firm located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We provide effective legal advice and services to small and medium-sized businesses and individual entrepreneurs. We are a small business ourselves so we know what it takes to grow a business. We have shown time and again that there is a better way to deliver high quality legal services.
See what makes us different from other firms.
Andrea Riccio is the founder and principal of Kre8tive Law. He combines 23 years of experience in business and real estate law with a desire to expand the accessibility and cost-effectiveness of legal services. A lawyer with a commerce degree, he has a creative and business focused approach to the practice of law.
Prior to launching the predecessor to Kre8tive Law in 1997, Andrea was a partner in a Toronto "Bay Street" firm and an associate with a small corporate-commercial firm in Calgary.
· Extensive experience representing clients in the building and hospitality industries
· Demonstrated capacity for dealing with complex legal issues in a practical business-oriented manner
· Committed to innovating the law firm business model to provide exceptional value without conventional costs
· Fluent in Italian
· Negotiated purchases, sales and financings of commercial, industrial, agricultural and multi-unit residential properties throughout North America and Europe
· Provided commercial and tax structuring advice with respect to Canadian real estate investments
· Provided clients with legal advice with respect to real estate and business investments in Italy and the United States
· Prepared Canadian and international distribution, licensing, manufacturing and marketing agreements
· Represented over 100 food and beverage establishments
· Advised clients with respect to Canadian and international intellectual property protection and licensing and represented Canadian companies in the acquisition, sale and financing of Canadian and foreign owned intellectual property assets
· Represented and advised franchisors and franchisees with respect to franchise law matters, including the negotiation of franchise agreements; reviewing disclosure documents and franchise purchases, sales and terminations
· Processed trade-mark and copyright registrations and advised clients with respect to Canadian, US and international intellectual property protection
· Worked with ABC, NBC and CBS television networks in dealing with business immigration issues under NAFTA
· Structured joint venture agreement between a German and Canadian automotive parts manufacturer
In the News
"Kre8tive Law Group Launches First DirectLaw Virtual Law Firm in Canada", February 18, 2012, www.elawyeringredux.com
"Virtually Yours", National, Oct - Nov, 2010, Vol. 19, No. 7, p. 12
"Kre8tive Law Group - A Client-oriented Law Practice with an Online Solution", The Suit, Issue 40 p. 39
Through a network of contact in North America and abroad, Kre8tive Law is able to secure and co-ordinate the activities of local counsel and experts in many specialized disciplines when required by our clients. We are members of the following international networks of independent law firms:
· Global Alliance of Hospitality Attorneys
· GFLS Legal Alliance (independent affiliates located in Italy, Spain and Brazil)
We are conscious of the need to balance running profitable business with contributing to our communities and protecting our environment for future generations. We frequently support non-profit organizations and underserved communities. We also provide pro bono and reduced fee services to individuals in need