2005 has been a very productive year with 17 Cd's released and many more started! The following is a list of this years releases:
17. December's Release: Motor City Josh & The Big 3 released their new Cd Made In Detroit this October 15th, in Atlanta Georgia, while on the road doing the current tour.
15. & 16. December's Releases: Benefit CD for New Orleans & others affected by the Hurricane No Cover opened up our studio in September for a 2 Cd Project. Many Bands who wanted to help the victims came by and cut a song for the 2 Cd's we are planning. Blues For Katrina (NCP070) will benefit all the victims through the Red Cross while Blues for Katrina & the McDowell Family (NCP071) will benefit the familys of the three sisters of local bluesman Odell "Bluesboy "D" who lost everything in the Hurricane.
14. November's Release: The Erich Goebel Band is releasing East Side Soul (NCP073) Featuring Erich Goebel on Guitar, Percussion,and Vocals with No Cover recording artists RJ Spangler on Drums, Chris Rummel on Bass, and Shawn MacDonald on Piano. Also appearing on this recording: Phil Hale (Hammond B-3), Cheeze (Drums) and Jerome Spearman (Drums)
13. October's Release: Motor City Josh & The Big 3 released their new Cd Made In Detroit this October 15th, in Atlanta Georgia, while on the road doing the current tour. Detroit is once again Josh's home base starting next year This will also keep him in close contact with the recording studio so look for more from the band next year. (We are also looking into a "Best of CD" for Josh, long overdue, considering he has just released his 9th Cd!
11. & 12. September's Releases: Bassist James Cloyd has done his first recording with his band The Alley Katz. Titled Goin' Alley On Your Mind (NCP058). James has appeared on four No Cover compilations Live at Lou's (NCP017), Blues From The Heart Vol. #1 (NCP018), Blues From The Heart Vol. #3 (NCP020) and The Coldstock 2005 Sampler (NCP059). James is well known aroud Detroit as a interesting and unpredictable frontman. See what he has done on his first full-length No Cover release! Alley Katz Guitarist Christopher Leigh has also reissued his 2003 Boogie Chillens release tilted I Dont Know (NCPR67) Christopher has also previously recorded with No Cover on the Blues at Midnight compilation cd (NCP011), and The Coldstock 2005 Sampler (NCP059).
10. August's Release: We have finished the sessions to record the great John Sinclair - Poet & Writer! The resulting CD titled Country Blues - Fattening Frogs For Snakes Vol. #2 (NCP066)is a collection of pieces from John's Book "Fattening Frogs For Snakes" John is a legend in Detroit, among many accomplishments, he was the manager of the MC5, founder of the White Panther Party, organizer of the first Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz festivals and he also wrote the book, "Guitar Army", which spawned 2 great concerts of the same name in the 80's. No Cover President Mike Boulan attended both shows and thought they were incredible. We are honored to work with such a great activist.
8. & 9. July's Releases: Lonesome Dave Paul Has released his first Cd ever! At the 10th annual Heatstock Sit Down Bluesman (NCP068)became available for the first time. also released at Heatstock: The Best Of Heatstock 04 (NCP061) compilation Cd. This is the 4th Cd in the best of Heatstock series. This one features the best of the 2004 heatstock show.
6. & 7. Junes Releases: Bobby Murray has two releases coming out, the long awaited live Cd Live & Lowdown!, recorded here in Detroit, and we are re-issuing Bobby's first Cd previously issued on the Viceroots label The Blues Is Now Bobby also plans on starting a new studio project in the near future. Also The Detroit Blues Challenge 2004 Finals cd (NCP060) is here! The Detroit Blues Society & No Cover Productions have released a cd featuring two songs from each band who played at the finals of the Blues Challenge, November 28th, 2004 at Tenny Street in Dearborn Mi. The list of bands includes: The Billy Davis Rhythm Machine...The Crossroads Blues Band...The Bob Halverson Blues Band...Crossing X...Lady Sunshine & The X Band...Mojo & The Boogieman...Leonard Moon...and Travelin' Blues
5. Mays Release: Little Jr. Cannaday! I Been Misused (NCP054) Jr. is closely tied to Ben Moore & The Blues Express. Ben and his band are backing up Little Jr. on this recording. They are also the band he uses for his live performances. In fact Jr. appears on the Blues Express reissue Funky Blues (NCPR46) We have finished mixing all the tracks for Little Jr.'s Cd and we are pressing copies. Look for a release party soon or order yours today from our Cd's you can buy section of this website
4. April's Release: Sweet Claudette has re-issued her earliest works on the No Cover label. This Cd is Claudette's recording debut titled Linament & Collard Greens (NCPR63) which was recorded at No Cover's Straight Ahead Studios in 1997
3. March's Release: We have released the Coldstock 05 Sampler Compilation (NCP059) which was included with admission to Coldstock 05. Due to light attendance we have extra copies that need a home. when we run out this cd will not be re-pressed! Get youself a copy before they are gone by visiting the Cd's You Can Buy section.
2. February's Release: Jeff Grand has released his new Cd Therapy (NCP037) Friday February 18th. get yourself some "Therapy" today from the Cd's You Can Buy section of this website.
1. January's Release: Guitarist, Singer, and Keyboard player, Rick Stel has a solo project out. Straight From The Soul is an all-original project with 10 songs all written by Rick. Only two of these songs have ever been released before. This project was recorded at No Cover's own Straight Ahead Studios Rick is on the No Cover label's first release with the Detroit Blues Band (NCP000) and He also is playing on Mystery Train & Willie "D" Warren Live (NCP007) Look for a release party Soon. Or get your copy today from our release section.