With 20 releases this year looks like another "Most Productive" one here at No Cover!!
1. January's Release: The Billy Davis Rhythm Machine is finished with the follow-up to their "Blue Teardrops" Cd (NCP053) The new Cd "Coming For You" (NCP064) again features all original songs written by Billy who is a very prolific songwriter.
2. March's Release: Wailin' Dale & The D.T.'s have issued Their debut Cd titled "Drunkards Dream" (NCP076) on the No Cover Label. Now don't get the impression that these are new kids on the block. Dale had 25 years in with the Alligators, releasing several CD's. While bandmate Emmanuel X. Garza spent 25 years with the Detroit Blues Band. (Check out the DBB's 3 releases on this site) Later Emmanuel formed the Motor City Sheiks with Mark Robinson releasing the "Sensational Rhythms" CD (NCP013) which you can buy here also. Now these two have teamed up to form a great new band. Check it out.
3. April's Release: Travelin' Blues has released a new Cd titled "Nightly Things" (NCP079) which was recorded at No Covers Straight Ahead Studios. The new lineup features Steve and Tony, With Buck holding down the bottom with his "Gutbucket" Bass. Features 13 songs - all of which were recorded in one night!
4. April's other release: The Kenny Miller Blues Band, Kenny is a great guitar player who has been hiding out here in Detroit for many years. We have reissued a CD Kenny recorded back in 1996 called "Kenny Blues" (NCPR80)
5. 6. & 7. May's Releases: Robert has reissued two discs with No Cover - these two CDs are Robert's past releases "Happy Bluesday" and "Blues Mission" We have also released some other things previously unheard!! The first volume of The Retrospect series, "Retrospect Vol 1" features Live recordings made in the early 90's, prior to the formation of No Cover, by President Mike Boulan while he was doing live sound for Robert.
8. June's Release: The Kenny Miller Blues Band. Kenny is a great guitar player who has been hiding out here in Detroit for many years. We have reissued a CD Kenny recorded back in 1990 titled "Midnight Groove" (NCPR82)
9.10. & 11. More June Releases! : We have issued more 3 CD's making this a 5 disc set of samplers!! The first 2 No Cover Samplers "The First 14"- 14 songs from the first 14 cds and "The Next 14" - 14 songs from the next 14 cds, have been out for a while. Now we are adding "Another 14" - 14 songs from another 14 Cd's, "Not Another 14" - 15 songs from another 15 Cd's, and "14 More!" - 14 songs from 14 more Cd's (we now have over 70 cds to choose from!)
12. July's Release: "Lonesome" Dave Paul has released a new CD titled "Live at the Attic Bar" (NCP085) recorded at the Attic on 6-3-06 the disc features 8 originals and 4 covers.
13. July's Other Release: "The Best Of Heatstock Vol. 5" (NCP072) This one is the 10th anniversary of Heatstock. With many of the favorites from the first 10 years like Cathy Davis, Motor City Josh, Curtis Sumter, Little Jr. Cannaday, "Lonesome" Dave Paul, and Billy Davis playing. This is a must have Heatstock CD. Special guest Larry McCray adds the icing on the cake, and even does an instrumental number with Motor City Josh. Also features tracks by Odell Blues Boy "D" and The Alley Katz
14. August's Release: "The Detroit Blues Challenge 2005 Finals" (NCP083) This year's finals was recorded on November 27th for release as a compilation CD which will help raise funds for the Detroit Blues Society. (apologies to the Martindales who are not included due to technical difficulties). Last year was the first finals to be recorded and the resulting compilation cd "Detroit Blues Challenge Finals 2004" (NCP060) was released last June.
16. Octobers Release: Buddy Smith Has released his all original project titled "Resurrection" (NCP087) a mix of blues and old-school R&B.
17. November's Release: Odell Blues Boy "D" - We have issued a Cd Odell mainly recorded back in 1993 with the Louisiana Heat Blues Band that also features some recent live tracks. The title is "When Midnight Comes" (NCP074) Odell will be recording a brand new CD for release on the No Cover label. Look for more information on that project soon.
18. November's other Release: No Cover has issued some songs Cooley Pope recorded with the band Idlewild Blue a few years back. The Cd is called "Detroit Attitude" (NCPR86) the band is no longer together, but Cooley is planning to start a new band, and this disc is still a must have for their many fans.
19. December's Release: Billy Davis has recorded a Christmas Blues Cd titled "Merry Christmas To The World" (NCP088) for the no cover label. There are eight songs covering a slightly different view of the holidays. As usual with Billy's recordings this one also features all original songs written by Billy who is a very prolific songwriter.
20. Another December Release: (Last Release of 2006!) Robert Noll has recorded a live Accoustic CD at Lenny's Coffee Galley which will also feature some studio tracks recorded at Straight Ahead.