Completion of the RNFA Course Requirements includes the following steps: (please do not send any documentation electronically via email)
1. Completed Credentialing Packet including nursing licensure information, certification, and proof of liability insurance.
2. CNOR or Canadian Perioperative Certification documentation.
3. Advanced Practice Nurses are exempt from CNOR, but must produce Advanced Practice Certification Documentation.
4. Three sets of 40-Hour RNFA logs with Three completed Learning Contracts and Surgeon Mentor Evaluations. It is permissible to scrub with surgeons other than primary mentor. Surgeon must sign logs and contracts. Send each 40-hour log separately to facilitate the review process. Sending 120-hrs all at once will cause a delay. Very time intensive.
5. Two detailed Case studies. Do not email or fax these materials.
All completed RNFA materials are sent by postal mail to the Perioperative Education Director's Office at:
Lakeland Community College
Department of Perioperative Education
Dr. Nancymarie Phillips
7700 Clocktower Drive H211b
Kirtland, Ohio 44094
Sending required materials to other areas in the college or faxing will cause significant delays in getting the Certificate of Completion and Posting of the Final Grade online. At the completion of the didactic component, the grade is reflected as "I" (incomplete) until all requirements are met.
Documentation of attendance is often needed for tax purposes and Tuition Reimbursement. A letter of didactic completion is provided in the folder during the lecture component. The Certificate of Completion is issued only after all requirements from course exit are met.
The Perioperative Departmental staff are not on campus July 1st to September 1st and from December 1st to February 1st for college breaks. Log reviews and Certificate production are slower at that time.